The dishwasher is one of the hardest working appliances in your home, and it has a heavy load to bear. Greasy, sticky, caked dishes go in and we expect them to finish sparkling white.
Most households run their dishwasher at least twice a day. When it is not working properly, it doesn’t take long for dinner time to turn into a disaster.
We understand how important your appliances are to you, they help your home function smooth and peaceful. Our team treats your home as our own and provides quick, reliable, and same-day service for most dishwasher repairs.
Getting The Most Out of Your Dishwasher
Depending on how much you use your dishwasher, regular maintenance and cleaning can go a long way to extend the life of your appliance. Any removable filters and screens should be removed and cleaned monthly.
The inside walls, pump, and wash arms should also be cleaned regularly. Our team of certified technicians can help with this type of regular maintenance as well as any repairs or replacement parts you may need to keep your dishwasher running efficiently.
Here’s a few tips you can use to get the most of your dishwasher:
1. Run the hot water on the adjacent sink until the water heats up before starting the dishwasher.
2. Make sure the temperature on your home’s hot water heater is between 120 – 125 degrees. Too cold is ineffective and too hot causes pre-mature breakdown.
3. Don’t overcrowd your dishwasher by piling items on top of one another.
4. Be sure all items are loaded at an angle, and that cups, mugs, and bowls are upside down.
What Detergent is Best?
The row of dishwashing detergents can be overwhelming, but choosing the right one for your machine can affect the overall life of your unit. Generally, dry detergent or the powder tablets are the best choice for getting your dishes sparkling clean.
If your dishwasher is designed to use a rinse aid, this is an important step that a lot of homeowner’s miss. The rinse aid is designed to lower the surface tension of water, allowing it to slide off your dishes and eliminating spots left behind by hard water.
Common Dishwasher Problems:
The two most common dishwasher repair problems are noise and leaks. There can be several reasons why your dishwasher might be louder than normal, or you may notice water on the floor.
Abnormal noises can be caused by a defective pump, a worn out wash arm seal, or wobbly spray arms. All of these parts can wear out over time and may need to be replaced. Home Appliance MD has the seals, pumps, and arms on hand to keep your dishwashing working quietly without missing a single load.
Even small leaks can cause big problems for homeowners, so it is best to repair any leak quickly and effectively. Leaks in a dishwasher may be caused by several issues including a defective pump, a worn out door gasket, or a problem with the inlet valve.
There are also other hoses, clamps, valves, and dispensers that may contribute to a leaky dishwasher. If you notice a leak, turn off the machine and give us a call. Our technicians have the industry training and experience to diagnose and repair dishwasher leaks before they cause extensive damage to your home.
Other common dishwasher problems can be fixed quickly and easily on your own. Check your appliance to see if any of these quick fixes may solve your problem:
- Check to be sure that the door is latching properly. Be sure that utensils or small items aren’t obstructing the door from closing completely.
- If your dishwasher is not turning on, check the fuse or circuit breaker first. Be sure the dishwasher is plugged in all the way.
- If your machine has a rotary knob, be sure the cycle selection matches the knob position, there will usually be a clicking sound to tell you it’s in position.
- If your machine is locked, try holding down the heated dry button for five seconds. Most machines have instructions on the inside of the door for deactivating control locks.
Service You Can Count On
We give quick, reliable, and caring support you can count on. Our team begins with a live customer service agent who will listen to your issues and respond with a team of technicians who are on your side.
We do our best to fix every dishwasher repair in the same day without ordering parts or making a second appointment. As a locally owned company, we are strategically located to be at your home in under an hour.
Our customers are loyal because they know they can depend on us for professional care at very competitive prices. 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Contact us today!